Hello! I'm Wanda, and this is my Root Journey."Our journey to wellness works from the inside out, from the root to the plant. Positive, lasting change can only occur when we begin making changes at a root level. This philosophy has been a part of my life from the beginning."
I believe that each of us are capable of profound change. At Root Journey we are committed to helping our clients gain awareness, confidence, and more quality of life through education, practice, and consultation.
For me, living a healthy lifestyle means I consider the foods I eat, the ways I move, and what I put on my skin. Clean beauty has always been my priority when it comes to self-care and that’s why I created the Root Journey skincare line. What you put on your body is equally important as what you put inside your body. The journey to living a healthy lifestyle begins with clean and wholesome ingredients, and that is what you will find in our products. Our skincare line is made from an all-natural, safe and healthy plant-based blend of organic ingredients.
Whether you are looking to empower your clean beauty routine, healthy eating or sustainable living, Root Journey's team is here to help you. Our team of certified health coaches offer one-on-one or small group coaching sessions, workshops, or corporate training and wellness initiatives. We're happy to help guide you through your own Root Journey.
After having 3 children, I decided to deepen my knowledge in nutrition and holistic health. I have always been on a health journey and I knew that by learning more I could continue to make a difference in both the lives of my family and my clients.
I graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, where I learned innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories – Ayurveda, gluten-free, Paleo, raw, vegan, macrobiotics, and everything in between.
I studied with the world's top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, chair of nutrition at Harvard University
- Andrew Weil, MD, director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Gabrielle Bernstein, bestselling author and life coach
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, assistant clinical professor at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Mark Hyman, MD, founder of The UltraWellness Center
- Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating
- David Wolfe, raw food leader and nutrition expert
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, professor at New York University’s Department of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health
- Mark Bittman, food writer for The New York Times and bestselling author
- Joel Fuhrman, MD, family physician and leading expert on nutritional healing
My education has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and prevention. Drawing on my expertise, I have worked with my clients to help make lifestyle changes and choose health-promoting ways that produce real and lasting results.
Each session with our health coaches will leave you feeling inspired and motivated. You will talk about things beyond food, seeking to bring balance to important elements of your life such as love and relationships as well as career and money. You will be carefully guided to make simple, small changes that transform your life. You will develop a deeper understanding of food and lifestyle choices that work best for you, improving your energy, balance, health, and happiness.
Coaching sessions can be done in English, Spanish or Portuguese. Schedule an initial consultation today.