Oatmeal Pancakes or Waffles
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsps oil
- Place all ingredients except oil into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Let stand 15-20 minutes until batter thickens.
- If batter is too thick to pour easily, add a little water.
- Heat oil in frying pan or skillet.
- Pour batter, by 1/4 - 1/2 cup, into pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- For waffles: pour into a heated waffle iron and cook for 10 minutes.
- Try adding chopped walnuts to the pancake batter.
- Try topping with raw honey, maple syrup, raw almond, or peanut butter, jam, chia seeds, shredded coconut, or fresh fruit.